Wednesday 17 October 2012

Day 14

Location: Alor Gajah
Running distance covered: 1,806.8kms
Took highway E2... .this goes directly to Johor Bahru. Luckily no police  waved me down.
5:00pm  front wheel punctured.... Fixed and went.
past 6:00pm.. got another tire problem.... Back wheel leaking air. Can't fix it as it is as it raining. Luckily the air is leaking slowly so i just pump air every few minutes.
This is one  situation you don't want to be in.  Had to pump air every 2 to 3 kms of cycling..
it is dark and raining as well.... The nearest town is still more than 20kms. I need to find a place to stay.
When i reached Alor Gajah i asked some people whom i saw along the way if they now any guest house nearby... Yes, one replied, about 20kms from here. My heart sank as it is past 7pm and really dark. Aside from that i had to pump air every 3 to 4 minutes.
Cycled  to the direction they  pointed... Now the rain more heavily, ohhh my Lord, please!!!..i saw an eatery shop and ask a person for direction. A Muslim man asked me to have a sit first as it is raining, and he asked me if i would like to drink something hot... I asked for some hot chocolate. We talk... told him what i am doing and he offered to take me to a guest house. Thanked him as i really need that as i am really exhausted and feeling cold from the rain. We went to find a guest house as soon as the rain stopped.
The man who helped me is Mr. Bahrain Tahir. He we went out of his way to help me although he said that he is already free. We had a photo afterwards.
Later, in a half conscious half sleeping way, i checked all my wheels and removed 3 wires from shredded truck wheels. Patched up the inner tubes and found out that i only have 2 patches remaining. I hope i won't have another punctured tire tomorrow.
Please visit the web site below if you would like to donate...
    www.baandada.org
Missing the children so much.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment