Sunday 14 October 2012

Day 10


Location:  Ipoh
Running Distance Covered:  1423.7 kms.
4:45 am....wake up, bath, meditation
6:45am:  started cycling. Stopped at 7/11 store and got a packet oreo biscuit..
A man told me yesterday that it is prohibited to cycle on the highway... I replied that  "i have not seen any sign that says that and no officer has waved me so i'll go through the highway still."
As i was cycling on highway E1 my sunglasses fell off without me knowing it. Looked for it but it is gone. Someone got an early Christmas present. used my spare clear goggles... Too much  sun glare!
Finally i saw the sign that bicycles are not allowed in this highway. Went cycling again and i noticed that my front wheel is slipping........front tire punctured!
Fixed it and came off the highway. Now going through route 1..... Almost got lost earlier trying to find it. A kind Indian man guided me all the way till we reach route 1.
Hit something hard on the road... Back wheel busted......That fixed... All reserve tubes used up.... need to patch up the tubes later. Not a good start; 2 consecutive flat tires those morning. Next time when i go for a long cycling i will use a thick mountain bike tires.
9:30.... stopped for some oreo and water...
Past 11:00 stopped for some oreo again.
Past 2:00 pm.... oreo meal again.
Proceeded to route 60..

Almost 5:00pm...  oreo meal is almost finished. Bought one ringit of banana chips. Asked the vendor if there are any cheap hostel around. He said not around here.... only in Ipoh.    Great!.... It is 67 kms from where i am and it is getting dark... and drizzling. Not a good idea to go fast on my thin tires..
Can't see clearly as eye goggles dirty... Cleaned it to no effect. Took it off.... Ahhhh, better.     Now the water and dirt is going to my eyes.... Stopped to turn on all my LED flashers.
It is not a good idea cycling at night time especially if there are no side road.. Vehicles just whizzing by a foot or two on my side.
8:20 pm.  Found a hostel. Bath... Meditation.... 10:00pm  had my first real meal for today. Not doing this on purpose. My atm card has some problem so i am trying to budget my expenses. For as long as i have water to drink and every just a snack is enough to keep me going.
All the while i was cycling in the dark i keep thinking of all the children who will benefit from this fundraising event. That matters more than my convenience or comfort.....

No comments:

Post a Comment